10/07/2011 Michael A. Scanlon endlesswintersnow@yahoo.com Endless Winter Snow weblogUpdates.ping EndlessWinterSnow http://endlesswintersnow.blogspot.com/

 got snow ?              News from The Steep, Deep & Extreme International Big Mountain Slopes

12.28.2005

Some like it Fast
Speed skiing is the fastest non-motorized sport on earth. A speed skier can go zero to 100 mph in less than 10 seconds. Tracie's fastest speed achieved so far is 142.2 mph, or 227,850 km/h. If you have any questions for Tracie
I finished in 1st place overall, winning another Crystal globe! In second place was Kati Metsapelto of Finland, and in third place was Elena Banfo of Italy. This is the same line up as the World Championship race that took place in Cervinia Italy. It was a great season, and I finished the last 2 races in Verbier Switzerland with enough points to easily keep me in the lead for the overall victory. The men's world cup podium was Simone Origone (Ita) in 1st, Jonathan Moret (Sui) 2nd, and Philippe May (Sui) 3rd. I am very proud of my work this year. It was one of the most difficult seasons I have had yet.
I am grateful to that Tracie has allowed me permission top use her photos of Verbier Switzerland and speed ski events that have appeared here earlier in the year. Speed Skiing is part of FIS
Follow Tracie and her fast friends at Speedski.com or on her personal site: Quick Chick Tracie Max

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home